Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 S500 AMG Sport, ABC,Distronic,Rear Side Shades // '10 E350 P2, Pano, BLK/ALM,4MATIC Sport
SRS Code

Hey guys/ladies, I have been messing around the coding on my 2001 S500 via DAS over the weekend. I changed a few codings in the Instrument Cluster(ICM) like turning on the convenience feature and turn off the tire pressures sensors since one of the batteries is dead. After saving the codings I noticed the SRS light on. There was a code in the ICM B111E-SRS able to communicate with CAN-BUS system. Tried going back to Standard Variant but nothing really changed. The code is Current and Stored even after trying to clear it. The convenience feature is still on also.. If any of you fellow members have any insights on resetting the coding or a fix for the SRS I would gladly appreciate it.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 PM

w121
Originally Posted by evansw220
Hey guys/ladies, I have been messing around the coding on my 2001 S500 via DAS over the weekend. I changed a few codings in the Instrument Cluster(ICM) like turning on the convenience feature and turn off the tire pressures sensors since one of the batteries is dead. After saving the codings I noticed the SRS light on. There was a code in the ICM B111E-SRS able to communicate with CAN-BUS system. Tried going back to Standard Variant but nothing really changed. The code is Current and Stored even after trying to clear it. The convenience feature is still on also.. If any of you fellow members have any insights on resetting the coding or a fix for the SRS I would gladly appreciate it.
Not sure if you got this fix, But just ran into the same issue. If its not fix try this. ICM-Trouble shout by means of complaint- waring lamp srs light comes on- next screen coding error F2 button- check coding and change if necessary, it may have changed there. I was able to fix mine with the same code by changing the coding there.
Tony
Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 AM

'01 S500 AMG Sport, ABC,Distronic,Rear Side Shades // '10 E350 P2, Pano, BLK/ALM,4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by tsloeza
Not sure if you got this fix, But just ran into the same issue. If its not fix try this. ICM-Trouble shout by means of complaint- waring lamp srs light comes on- next screen coding error F2 button- check coding and change if necessary, it may have changed there. I was able to fix mine with the same code by changing the coding there.
Tony
Thanks I haven't been able to get a chance at it again. The car has been parked in the garage for some time now. I've been told to re-code the ICM from initial start-up by a buddy of mine who's a Tech at MB.