Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have copies/numbers of tsb for motor mounts, brake noise, lack of acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have copies/numbers of tsb for motor mounts, brake noise, lack of acceleration

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:11 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 184 Posts
Do a search, they're in there somewhere
Old 09-08-2003, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TSB copies

I found a copy of the engine control module update and also saw one for the motor mounts but can"t seem to find it again. If someone could post it or a link to it that would be great! Thanks!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,440 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Re: Anyone have copies/numbers of tsb for motor mounts, brake noise, lack of accelera

Originally posted by Frank Wiesmann
Thanks.
(1) Motor Mounts - E500 only. However, I had a slight ticking noise coming from the engine area and my dealer updated the mounts as a precaution. Actual noise was found to be the steerting rack mounting plate.

(2) Brake noise = P-B-42.46/27a, Hydraulic brake pump damper. Also, have them check the pump for leaks - https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...defective+seal

(3) Lack of acceleration (ALSO) intermittently hesitant at slow speeds (i.e.: parking lots - as if about to stall, hunts, loss of power) = P-B-07.00/28a, Engine Control Unit Software Update

FYI, other common problems:

(1) Steering wheel shimmy 50 mph plus = Balanced & rotated all four tires.
(2) Vehicle drifts right = Front & rear wheel alignment and, more importantly, left & right camber/caster kits (attached work order).
(3) Excessively loud cooling fan = Replaced fan assembly and blower fan. Still loud but not as often.
(4) Windshield wipers skip = Replaced defective wiper blades.

Last edited by konigstiger; 03-09-2007 at 03:32 PM.