Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 S63 in the shop with issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 S63, 2007 Jeep SRT Turbo
2012 S63 in the shop with issues

So I dropped off my 2012 S63 on Wed. for a couple of minor issues. The passenger front window switch won't roll up the window, only down. The rear speaker grill on the back deck rattles on certain types of bass. I noticed the tranny would give me a flare shift on the 2-3 only when first time driving it in a while. It would rev up before shifting into 3rd. I'm talking in a 25mph zone here too.

Wed morning I cranked it up and heard the belt squealing. It stopped after a few. I thought strange. Drove it to the dealer. Got about 2 miles from the dealer and when slowing down to a light the 2-1 downshifts in Sport Mode and Auto Shifting, started banging. Not a bang per-say but an incredibly HARD downshift. I'm thinking WTF is going on.

So I got to the dealer and showed him the video I made of the belt squeal. We popped the hood to find the back side of the belt was shredded. I've got 6600 miles of the car. Anyone else have this issue? They had to order a new pulley and belt for it.

I'm supposed to get it back on Tues. They stuck me in a GLK 350. Very uneventful to drive. Lol. I'd rather drive my wife's QX56.

Am I all alone in my issues or has anyone else had the same problems. I'm hoping that the tranny issue is simply just a reflash. Although, being a CPO with 5K on the clock when I bought it a month ago, I would figure it should have had any reflashes done. Who knows. I guess no matter how much money you spend on a car...... a car is still a car and it's still a giant mechanical thing built by humans. Some things always just break.