Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 AMG Error Codes...where to start?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E55 AMG
E55 AMG Error Codes...where to start?

OK so I have had me 2000 E55 AMG with 108,000 miles on it for just a little over a month. I have only really felt the true power of this animal a few brief times. I have had some issues with it misfiring. The weird thing is that it starts only when the gas gets low down to when the warning light comes on. It starts to misfire real bad and hesitates. I have cleaned the MAF sensor not replaced it. But the codes I have are below in the order I read them:

PO305 Cylinder 5 Misfire
PO301 Cylinder 1 Misfire
PO302 Cylinder 2 Misfire
PO300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire
PO130 O2 Bank 1 Sensor

Once I fill the tank up I clear the codes and the car runs pretty good but I can still feel a little hesitation when I step on the gas. Maybe a little misfire but no error codes.

Even after I fill the tank the CEL will go out after I drive it for awhile.

I have read a few threads and maybe thinking a crank position sensor? The mechanic I had inspect the vehicle replaced the fuel pump since it was humming really bad. Also changed the fuel filter. He mentioned that the spark plugs had recently been changed as well.

Any suggestions?? I'm really wanting to get this out on the open road and unleash the beast.