Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car in "limp home" mode, need advice please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280
Car in "limp home" mode, need advice please

Well, my car is in limp mode with these codes:

P0170 Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 1) ) check vaccum leaks first or faulty air mass flow sensor

P0173 Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 2) )

P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction

At first I thought it was my tranny, but after doing some research, I found that a bad MAS could put the car into limp mode. Ok, so could it be the MAS causing all my problems ?

Is that covered by the starmark ? I think the input/turbine code is tranny related, so there might be a problem there also.

I'm calling the dealer today, but I'd still like your advice about these problems.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2003, 04:03 PM

c280, where did you get your info from?
if you want i can hook up my laptop to it to see if we can figure out what is going on, dont know if that would help or not since you alrady seem to have the codes. i would personally first try to reset the system by removing the negative batt terminal for 30 seconds or so and see if they clear. possiblity of a hiccup in the system.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:21 PM

C280
Originally posted by nov0798
c280, where did you get your info from?
if you want i can hook up my laptop to it to see if we can figure out what is going on, dont know if that would help or not since you alrady seem to have the codes. i would personally first try to reset the system by removing the negative batt terminal for 30 seconds or so and see if they clear. possiblity of a hiccup in the system.
I've got a little Actron scanner. Well, I've gotten the fuel trim code before and I thought it was the gas cap, it did go away after a while. After doing a few google searches, I think my MAS is going bad. I will take your advice and disconnect the neg. batt. cable and see what happens.