Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Problems...are you kidding me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes GL450
Transmission Problems...are you kidding me?

I just purchased a used 2007 GL450 with 68K miles. After 2 months, I noticed it shifting funny. I would pull out from a stop sign and it would rev up (rpms go way up) and not move very fast. It only does this every so often. I pulled the codes off and I'm getting P2767,P2768. It looks like valve body or conductor plate needs to be replaced based on what I've read from other people. This is ridiculous for transmission problems with only 69k miles on it. Does anyone know what options I have? MB pay some of the bill? It doesn't have an extended warranty.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mazda mx5
these early 7g transmissions were pretty messed up.. not much choices, just change your conductor plate and program it before you damage the transmission, then you will need a total rebuild ... these revs while its not moving much , its your transmission going into limp mode , its stuck on 3rd gear , dont drive it much like that ...
Old 02-14-2014, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S Class
New valve body, on some you can fit the control unit separate as the turbine speed sensor is a fault, would have to get it checked at dealer to find out which one