Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

w210 headlight condensation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e320
w210 headlight condensation

My 97 e420 has xenon's. The passenger side Headlight and inner fog light have condensation. The dealer said it looks like its between the cover and the actual headlights/foglight unit.
What's it take to get the covers off? Is this a body shop process or a dealer process?
Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
Old 11-26-2003, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
I have never removed mine but have discussed it quite a bit. You should remove the entire assembly first to remove the lenses. To remove them I have read that there is a small plastic tab that holds the lense onto the housing. You must grind or break off the tap and then gently pry the lense off of the housing using a small screwdriver all the way around until it separates. Please careful and gentle when prying as to not crack the lense. Let me know how this works out for you. Also remember, do not touch the bulb, just FYI...Good luck.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: w210 headlight condensation

Originally posted by jclemen
My 97 e420 has xenon's. The passenger side Headlight and inner fog light have condensation. The dealer said it looks like its between the cover and the actual headlights/foglight unit.
What's it take to get the covers off? Is this a body shop process or a dealer process?
Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
I Have Used a Heat Gun to soften the sealer then remove the lens..No tabs to break off..I Have done several sets

Please inspect the Seals/o - rings at the plastic covers to replace the bulbs...i Have seen them leak...

Good Luck!
Old 11-29-2003, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e320
Great, thanks for the info. Its bugging the crap out of me, I'd like to get this resolved.

Jeff
97e420