Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 C240 Air conditioning problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c240 elegance
2003 C240 Air conditioning problem

I have a problem with the a/c light stay's on the compressor will not engage. here is what I have done after reading many post on here.
emptied the r134 purged and refilled from a mechanic, there are no leaks and its fully charged, tried running the diagnostics text by pushing the rec and def buttons in the start position the lights flash all the vents move it goes from very hot to as cold as it gets, but the lights never stop flashing even if I turn the key of the will stop but when I restart it nothing as changed. I also checked the fuses and checked the filters, I am at a loss.

please help lol
Old 04-14-2014, 11:06 PM

mazda mx5
Is your ambiant temperature sensor working ?? If its not and its pointing at a very low value ( -40 c ) your compressor wont kick in ... however best thing to do is to hook it up to a diagnosis tool abd check the AC for faults
Old 04-16-2014, 06:51 PM

2003 c240 elegance
C240 Mercedes air problem.

You where telling me about the Ambiant temp sensor reading -40 as far as I am aware this sensor as only to do with the inside temp display on the dash and it is reading the proper temp. thanks anyway