Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
water leak

I recently purchased a 2008 Mercedes C300 with 56,000 miles,and Noticed that the back seat had water after I drained the water and dried the carpet i called the person from who I purchase the car . I live in Virginia and i bought the car in Florida the person said he was not aware of this problem. I bought the car online and had a company towed to my house. Yesterday rained really hard and this morning i went to check the car and noticed the a lot of water in the back and also a little in the both front floor. I check everywhere and can not see where is leaking. Please help where can I take it? How much will it cost? Who should pay? Mercedes Benz or me?Thank you

Last edited by nelsonandolga; 05-18-2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot to enter the year of the car
Old 05-19-2014, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
not sure on your car, but on a cl you check on the passenger side under the hood right next to the fire wall there is a in let with a mesh plastic grate over it. sometimes leaves get in there and clog the drain. check it and don't start the car until everything is completely dry including the electronics, or you could fry some electronics. good luck!!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c 63 amg est
Hi dose the have a sunroof
Old 05-22-2014, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mazda mx5
There is 2 drains inside the sunroof ... on the front left and right .. open it up and find something hard and flexible enough to unclog these drains ... after that you go to inside the hood where our freind told you and after it you check under the car for the drains outlets and make sure water is getting through .... you can test it if its cloged by pouring water inside the sunroof right on the drains and then check if the water is pouring on the ground normaly ...

If the drains are cloged water will get inside the car . You will hear water running underneath your seat ..
Old 07-05-2014, 12:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 C450
Easiest way to find the leak is get your garden hose and have a friend douse the car outside while you are inside watching where it leaks.