Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C220 lumpy when cold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI
C220 lumpy when cold

Hi,
I have a C220 CDI with 57k miles on 2010 plate.
When it is cold it is lumpy when idle until warms up, then runs no problem.
Was told the error codes were for faulty oxygen sensor and electrical loom to all 4 cylinders.
Had oxygen sensor done & full service.
Still lumpy when starts from cold but this now lasts only 30 seconds & garage said fault only shows electrical fault to number 1 cylinder so they said they need to order the wire from Merc for this. This wire fits under a cover to the cylinder. Apparently a common fault in older Mercs.
Anyone come across this? Paid out lots of money so far & not confident this will fix it. They have not given me the error code.
Thanks for any advice.
Dave

Now got the error codes they are:-

PO2EF49
Injection Valve (cylinder 2) has a malfunction. There is an internal electrical fault

PO2EE49 same for cylinder 1 as above

this is repeated for each cylinder

Update
Got in touch with Merc complaints who agreed with me this would not be expected on a 2010 with 57k on it so advised to take it to Merc & they would contact HQ to see if any financial support could be offered.

Took it into Merc for diagnostic, picked it up at the end of the day with 4 new injectors fitted, they said it was an outstanding recall on this car. Happy days, runs perfect.

Last edited by Dave001; 07-19-2014 at 05:02 AM. Reason: update