Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COMAND NTG3 Engineering Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL550
COMAND NTG3 Engineering Mode

Hello,
I am trying to figure a way to stream music by bluetooth using my iPhone 5s and the COMAND system on my w216 2007 CL550. I do not have the iPod jack in the glove box or center console, but am aware I can use the PCMCIA card slot and CD's to play mp3's. It would just be so convienient to play music off of my phone wirelessly through the COMAND system speakers. I have the Harman Kardon audio system.

I have looked all over for an adapter of some sort to use the PCMCIA slot to plug my iPhone 5s in to it to play the music from my phone via a wired connection to the stereo system. Could that work?

I have also read about the Engineering Mode menus. Is there something I could turn on in the Engineering Mode Menus that would make bluetooth streaming possible with my iPhone through the COMAND system and hear the music through the cars speakers? I actually don't care if I can select the music on the COMAND screens or steering wheel, I just want to hear the music. I'd be happy controlling the music on the phone itself if I could play it through the cars stereo speakers.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!!!
Old 07-04-2014, 07:57 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Not aware of anything earlier than NTG 4.0 that allows Bluetooth streaming. The PCMCIA slot does not provide Bluetooth or wired audio input. You could get all that and more with an aftermarket head unit from Alpine and others. There are plenty of examples on this forum.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:04 PM

2007 CL550
Thanks Hillcreative! It's not the answer I had hoped for, but that is about where my research has gotten me to. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am hoping someone will see this and maybe have some unknown solution. Thank you again!
Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Bluetooth streaming is not "officially" supported until NTG4.5 although its possible to use the engineering menu to turn it on with NTG4.0 but it also requires a software update to work reliably.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:38 AM

2007 CL550
Thank you very much. At least I can stop trying to figure out now. You were a huge help. Thank you!!