Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Command & Radio/CD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 320
Command & Radio/CD

Is the feature set of the radio and CD player with Command on the CLK320 very limited or am I missing something? My 2000 BMW 323 would display the call letters of the station I was listening to. For CD's, I would have expected the Command unit would read the Album title, artist, and song names off the CD and display them on the Command display.

Am I expecting too much?
Old 03-14-2002, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Re: Command & Radio/CD

Originally posted by ejorczyk
Is the feature set of the radio and CD player with Command on the CLK320 very limited or am I missing something? My 2000 BMW 323 would display the call letters of the station I was listening to. For CD's, I would have expected the Command unit would read the Album title, artist, and song names off the CD and display them on the Command display.

Am I expecting too much?

Would be cool. Wish it did all that myself. As far as the CD's, you must name then yourself in the COMAND CD Naming menu. For the radio station names, etc., that is not supported at this time. I belive the actual acronym for that technology is RDS. I have heard the Mercedes COMAND radio can be made RDS compatible if Mercedes wants with a simple COMAND Software update. We will see if it ever happens.
Old 03-15-2002, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
In Europe, the COMAND has RDS (ie we get the station names). It also has TMC (RDS traffic support) if you have map disks with the TMC info on them - which are not available for UK :-(

You do still have to name the CDs thru COMAND - it doesnt read the info that is/may-be-on the disk

R