Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple Questions For The Pros! My Convertible 350 W209

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2014 | 06:14 PM

Mercedes CLK 350 Convertible
Couple Questions For The Pros! My Convertible 350 W209

Iv had my 2006 CLK 350 for a year now and pushing 70k miles.. Stunning convertible really needs a late AMG steering wheel to add a nice touch..

Q.. Would it be an issue getting it on after resetting the airbags etc?

Q.. Would it be a problem to link the paddle shift to the 7 speed box.. Function of control switches etc?

Q.. When it cones to a cone filter is this a good idea or do the ratios need a tweak?

For braking would a set of CLK 63 AMG callipers and disks just slip on with out to much work? (Already running on the 19"AMG rims) How about off another C Class?

The styling is exceptional already but I have just come across a new rear from a 63 AMG right off and includes both skirts, spoiler, rear bumper and twin exhaust.. Iv already removed 2 of the cats and sounds great but would the AMG back box make that much difference? Would it be disgraceful to completely change the rear from standard and affect sale value later as not standard?

Many thanks and much appreciate your time in replying as no one in Cape Town has any idea and there a maby 5 on the road here!