Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help 350SDL HeadGasket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 350SDL
Exclamation Help 350SDL HeadGasket

Im 19 bought a 350SDL because there great cars, and i worked on a 1985 300td and made my mom buy a 300sdl which has been problem free. Well im leaving for the airforce in about 40 days and bought my car two months ago for travel put about 3,000 miles on it and went to go shopping, ran great parked it. 20 mins later.. Went to go start it and it hydrolocked but eventually started over... i thought ok, then started to knock but not overheating or losing coolant. Number 5,6 EGT were 350 while the other were about 150-160. thought i could be fuel related, and tried to make it home started dumping insane amounts of smoke and started to overheat but made it home about mile away. let it sit. put in new injectors and prayed for the best and then i showed even more signs, instant bulge of upper radiator hose and smoke pouring out of radiator cap. No one will work on this car other than mercedes who quoted me 3000-5000 for the job. this is my dream car and it made it too 300,000 mile to my knowledge on the original head gasket, and i know people are going to say im lucky it made it this long. Well i dont know where to go from here, im sad and angry at same time as its a beautiful black car with a new clear coat and a toast head gasket. Im about to screw the car like it just screwed me and fill it water and take it for a joy ride to the nearest junkyard.