Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, loud passenger noise 09 c300 AWD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C300 Sport
Help, loud passenger noise 09 c300 AWD

wifes 09 c300 AWD started making a noise in the front passenger area. the noise is now loud! and gets louder as you go faster. its a constant noise but not a grind or metal sound. i was 100% sure it was a wheel bearing as again its not a grind and its something spinning 360 degrees with no flat spots like a warped rotor would have. also at the rate its spinning its very fast! a wheel or rotor would spin slower since it has a larger diameter. this noise spins fast like a bearing or axle or something.

yesterday i pulled everything off and the bearing did feel "tight." i popped the old one out and it looked fine. well i bought a new one from the dealer and installed and it didnt feel any different in my hands. i put everything back together and went for a drive and everything is 100% the same!!

now im thinking a bearing in the front transfer case maybe?? i really dont know at this point and it sucks!! also after i installed everything i now have no ABS, traction control, and a check brake pad wear light. i did have the radio on when working on it so unplugging everything with the power on im sure it thinks all that stuff is broken. so i need to do a full master reset or something as its all plugged back in and working ok.

anyone???
Old 11-24-2014, 01:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C300 Sport
Hello?