Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABC possilbe accumulator pressure issue please advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Cars
ABC possilbe accumulator pressure issue please advise

I have a 2014 CL 600 with 3K miles that I bought new 8 months ago. I just noticed I am getting a slight bounce from the rear end and not as much control as it had originally, and now have to keep it in S mode and it still has a slight bounce. I have had many CL 600's from 2000-06 and this is my first W216. I know on my W215 when the accumulators were depleting of nitrogen the front or rear or both were able to be bounce up and down and when replaced the suspension was stiff as a board again either when running or when not. Now, I went to the front of this car and tried to bounce it and it didn't move. The rear can bounce it up and down and it isn't stiff like the front. Does this mean I have a defective accumulator? One that the nitrogen is filling up with the systems fluid thus causing the pressure to drop? The fluid was low. I do not have any ABC WORKSHOP warnings but is this car supposed to have the stiffness all the way around like the W215 did, when working properly?
Old 12-08-2014, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Cars
Never mind took it to the dealer and they said the W216 was sprung softer than the W215 and that my suspension was normal, nothing to worry about.