Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 GL450 rebuild - SRS light problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:50 PM

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
2013 GL450 rebuild - SRS light problem

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2013 GL450 from an insurance auction to rebuild. The car had blown passenger and driver knee and steering airbags. Also, the front driver and passenger seatbelts were not retracted. The body shop I'm working with replaced all the airbags with new ones as well as replaced the front 2 seat belts. The car runs great, but the SRS light will not clear.

Finally ended up having the body shop take the car to the dealer and the dealer is saying the rear seat and 3rd seat seatbelts are also blown. However, they are not in a deployed position, they are in the same position they would be if no one had ever worn them. So I feel like it is not possible that someone was in the seat (or at least wearing the seatbelts) when the accident happened.

My question is that would the seatbelt pretensior blow even if no one was wearing the seat belts in the seat? Is this something that can be reset via the SDS computer by the dealer. The dealer said he would have more info for me tomorrow but I wanted to get any information/suggestions that the techs on the forum may have.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:18 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
All the rear ETR's are deployed. In the USA we do not have seat occupancy sensors for the rear. By default all rear ETR's deploy in the event of a stage 1 crash. A quick test in XENTRY will tell you which squibs have deployed...
Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 PM

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
Thx,

This is exactly the case. But one quick question. In the Xentry printout the dealer gave me it shows front passenger and driver end fittings (because the body shop replaced the front ETRs), and then rear left, rear right, 3rd row left and 3rd right ETRs. But the dealer also said the rear center belt needs to be replaced. Any idea why it would not show on Xentry? Or is it possible that the dealer just said that but the center belt is actually fine? Seems weird that all squibs would be blown except the center one.