Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DISTRONIC 2011 CL550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 09:39 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
DISTRONIC 2011 CL550

The Distronic in my 2011 CL550 Disengages after approx 15 miles after being set for a speed. To recover I have to pull to the side of the road and restart the engine then re-engage the Distronic. It's good again for approx 15-20 miles. I did a two hundred mile run with the car and this happened every fifteen to twenty miles.

Anybody ever have this problem?

The sensor on the front of the car is clean as a whistle.

I disengaged all other items related to distronic like Attn Assist/lane keeping etc. No help there. My thought there was I would be, maybe, taking a load off the unit that controls the Distronic. Nope.

I believe the 'unit' is overheating most likely. IF I turn the climate control off, the Distronic will recover by itself in five/ten minutes and if I leave the climate control off I have driven fifty miles with no dropout of the cruise/distronic. Either that or the fans in the climate control are affecting the current to the Distronic unit, wherever that is.