Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cupholder Woes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 ML 430
Cupholder Woes!

Help! I own a 99 ML430 which i love, but over the years, (due to my clumsy family), my front left cupholder will not close (probably needs a new spring) and my rear cupholders have completely broken off (dont lower the seats when theyre open dad). This is so embarassing, but I didnt know how to get the parts or fix them even if I could so I went to the dealer, who wanted $140 just to change the front one!Anyone know how I can order the parts and fix them?
Old 01-20-2004, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Parts are the biggest expense here. Why not just have the dealer do it. What you save by doing it yourself would most likely be offset by the potential damage you could do to the new parts by doing it yourself. You are most likely ta;king about a difference of maybe a hundred bucks at most of a saving. Dealer is your only source for the proper parts unless you are agreeable to rummaging around a junkyard.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:47 PM

11 ML350
The front cup holder is a snap to change. Or you can even reinstall the spring. To remove it just pry on the side of the cup holder itself(not the outside tirm)with a small screw driver, and it should just pop right out. Reinstalling it, just make sure the spring is in the right sport and snap in back in.

As for the rear cup holder if done the smae thing. You should be able to get to it by removeing the center console compartment, remove the two screw in the bottome of it and oull in out.

Brian
Old 01-27-2004, 09:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
**SOLD***2003 E500
Scan Ebay for a little while, and try a few Foreign car recyclers near you for the parts. I would not pay the dealer for such easy parts to replace. if you are not sure how to do it, sign up with Alldata.com For 15.00 a year you get access to all the diagrams and how to stuff on how to take a part and fix your ML430. Now that's money well spent. If a screw driver and or hammer intimidates you are makes you feel uncomfortable, than go Sosh's route. He is right if you are not handy, you do not want to screw something up.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:36 PM

1999 ML 430
Thanks a lot guys!