Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Questions. Trunk, And front springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 Lexus LS400, 2001 Mercedes 240c, 1989 Dodge D150
2 Questions. Trunk, And front springs

I have a 2001 240c that I picked up at auction. The trunk remote switch on drivers door stays lit at all times. The information center shows trunk not closed ( it is ). So I can live without the remote trunk release. So if I unplug it at the release on the latch assy., will that disable it? The second question is on the front springs. Mine are broke, So what is the difference between the red stripe and the yellow stripe? ( mine are red). I am looking at repairing it just so it can get pounded apart again anyway. This car was rode hard and put away wet by the previous owner, I will be using this once a week to help family out with food shopping and have to drive some of the worst gravel roads in my area. So going cheap is the option for this poor car. Thanks!!!
Now I disconnected the wiring to the trunk release. solved 2 problems. with the release disabled the warning light for both the trunk open and 3rd brake light remain off in the dash.

Last edited by rndbird; 04-22-2015 at 11:40 PM.