Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery/Alternator Visit Workshop message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2015 | 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230
Battery/Alternator Visit Workshop message

Hi everyone!
I recently bought a 2003 MB C230 6-spd manual in the last 6 months. One of the pulleys siezed and I had to have it replaced along with the belt (the supercharger was fine thank god and the car only has about 44K miles on the clock). The shop who did the work did a fine job and is known for fixing european cars, however they could not get this waning light to turn off. There are no codes and they checked both the alternator and battery, both seem to be in excellent working shape.

Is there a trick to resetting this message on this model?

Any help would be appreciated it is just annoying seeing it everytime I start the car!
Old 04-30-2015 | 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
cl600
a star system should erase the code, also there might be a way to scroll through the dash system and see if there is anything there which i doubt. you can also disconnect the battery for a couple of hours and see if that clears the code, but you'l have to reset everything afterward. i wouldn't let a shop work on my car without a star diagnostic system.