Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airmatic no longer showing up on scan tools

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 04:23 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Airmatic no longer showing up on scan tools

I have been fighting the airmatic system on my 2010 e550. I pulled code C155664 (compressed air sensor for system has a malfunction, signal implausible)
and C153113 - The right front damping valve unit has a malfunction, there is an open circuit.

The passenger side of the vehicle sits 1.5 inches give or take higher, lowest point being drivers rear, highest being passenger front.

Now that I'm trying to diagnose it, I have tried scanning the car with both the Maxisys Autel which previously retrieved those codes as well as a snap on modis ultra. Neither tool will even register there is an Airmatic system in the car. I tried the key on, gas pedal, key off, release reset on the car and got nothing. I tried pulling the Airmatic relay while the car was running and got a malfunction warning on the screen… car raises and lowers when button is pushed but I can't get the system to register on a diagnostic computer. I have also had the battery disconnected for a few hours which did nothing.

I am at my whits end with this. Love the car and I hope to work out this suspension bug so I can start to fully enjoy it and it doesn't look lopsided.

Are there any other methods of reseting the computer so hopefully this system will pop back up again? Or is is likely a failed component? I wish I could just throw parts at it but considering the prices of the components in question it isn't viable. Without diagnostics, it's also impossible to isolate.

Thank you in advance.

(Forgive my redundant post from the w212 section but I feel I may have better luck here as I haven't gotten any traction on that end)