Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! EIS or Key problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230
HELP!!! EIS or Key problem?

Hello everyone, my name is Robert and I am from FL, I have a 2002 c230 kompressor. I've been having problems starting my car, I took it to a shop and they told me is probably the EIS. The problem started gradually, I had to insert the key in the ignition a few times and then the car started, then I had to be trying for a long time in order to start the car, now the car won't start at all and the steering wheel is locked. The key locks and unlocks the doors, some one says he bought a new key and that fixed the problem, but I don't want to buy another key ($300) for no reason and then still need to buy the EIS switch and pay the shop $1,000 to fix it. Can some one PLEASE tell me if my problem sounds like an EIS issue or I just need to buy a new key. What can I do to find the problem by my self before I take it to the shop? Thanks.

Robert.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
hi robert
try posting insection for your vehicle also do a search for EIS problems good luck.