Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foul/Mold/Mildrew Smelling AC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 and C450
Foul/Mold/Mildrew Smelling AC

My 2015 ML63 has this disgusting cheese smelling odour from the vents when starting up. It's always in 100% fresh, auto mode, the same mode I would use in my Porsche, Bentley, Audi.

Went to the dealership and they replaced the cabin filter and did their AC vent service/disinfectant. The smell still persisted so I called the SA and he said its normal and then insulted the previous owner for lack of maintenance and using the recirc mode... but I'm the original owner and I NEVER use the recirc mode. I then took it to a detailer, who also performed their AC vent service but the smell still persists. I even tried myself with emptying half a can of Lysol into the intake under the windshield with the AC on, fan blasting, and cycling between cold/hot.

It is so embarrassing and annoying when family/friends comment "your Benz smell like ****"

Any ideas? Keep trying with Lysol?
Old 09-22-2015, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
interesting. why is re-circulation mode bad? if they sprayed the vent cleaner inside your vents there has got to be something else going on. that stuff is really good. i bought some myself on line and it works! does the car smell at all with the a/c off?