Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot start issues with my 2000 C230 Kompressor (w202)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz 2000 C230 Kompressor
Hot start issues with my 2000 C230 Kompressor (w202)

Here is a link to my original post about my problem. I posted it there before I found this section of the forums.

tldr; it's an intermittent hot start issue, and I have no idea what I'm doing (and not really enough money to take it in to a shop), so I've googled and tested what I could so far.

Here is another thread for a question I had about relays.

One last question I had was about the crankshaft position sensor. It has been put forward as a possible culprit for my problem. Is there any way to test it on my own to see if that's the problem? Or if I pull it, is it easier to just take it in to a shop to have them test it? I'd rather not spend the money for a replacement if it's not actually broken. Also, can anyone point me in a direction for how to replace/access this on my model (i.e. diagrams of where it is, or what I'm going to need to remove to get to it)?

Any help you all can give would be greatly appreciated. I'm very new to doing my own maintenance beyond fluid changes, and am really trying to avoid taking it in to a shop, and dropping my whole paycheck on repairs.