Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Dipstick???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 MERCEDES-BENZ C350 SPORT, 1999 MERCEDES-BENZ C230 KOMPRESSOR
Oil Dipstick???

Hey guys several months months ago I purchased my first Mercedes-Benz it's a 2008 C350 I really love this car several days ago I came across a good deal on a 2003 E500 from a family member the car has been sitting for a lil while and I was doing general inspection of the fluids on the E500 and I had the hardest time finding the engine oil dipstick I found the trans. dipstick but no engine oil dipstick??? I even inspected my C350 I found the trans. dipstick but no engine oil dipstick??? i'm kinda lost now and here is my question on a 2003 E500 and 2008 C350 how do you check the engine oil? is there a dipstick? i'm kinda worried because the E500 was sitting up for a year and some change it may be low on engine oil and i wanted to inspect before driving across Texas any advice would be appreciated thx
Old 01-04-2016, 12:39 AM

Received 130 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by MBENZ_HENRY
Hey guys several months months ago I purchased my first Mercedes-Benz it's a 2008 C350 I really love this car several days ago I came across a good deal on a 2003 E500 from a family member the car has been sitting for a lil while and I was doing general inspection of the fluids on the E500 and I had the hardest time finding the engine oil dipstick I found the trans. dipstick but no engine oil dipstick??? I even inspected my C350 I found the trans. dipstick but no engine oil dipstick??? i'm kinda lost now and here is my question on a 2003 E500 and 2008 C350 how do you check the engine oil? is there a dipstick? i'm kinda worried because the E500 was sitting up for a year and some change it may be low on engine oil and i wanted to inspect before driving across Texas any advice would be appreciated thx
The E500 doesnt have an engine oil or transmission dipstick. The tube is there but require use of workshop dipsticks to check proper level. The C350 has an engine oil dipstick but it does not have transmission dipstick or even a dipstick tube. C350 trans fluid is checked by removing drainplug and checking at certain temperature
Old 01-04-2016, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 MERCEDES-BENZ C350 SPORT, 1999 MERCEDES-BENZ C230 KOMPRESSOR
ok I got a few question's about the 2003 E500 and the 2008 C350 on the E500 I found this online https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com...iagram=5717275 item #7,8 is the dipstick and dipstick tube for this year and model can a dipstick and dipstick tube be install in this location? what is covering this area right now to prevent the installation of one? can i buy and install a trans. dipstick? on the 2008 it trips me out to see the engine oil dipstick so far back so how does anyone check how much trans fluid is in their trans. is it a level sensor? and if there is no fill tube how do you refill after a trans. service?
Old 01-05-2016, 01:02 AM

Received 130 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by MBENZ_HENRY
ok I got a few question's about the 2003 E500 and the 2008 C350 on the E500 I found this online https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com...iagram=5717275 item #7,8 is the dipstick and dipstick tube for this year and model can a dipstick and dipstick tube be install in this location? what is covering this area right now to prevent the installation of one? can i buy and install a trans. dipstick? on the 2008 it trips me out to see the engine oil dipstick so far back so how does anyone check how much trans fluid is in their trans. is it a level sensor? and if there is no fill tube how do you refill after a trans. service?
It has a dipstick tube already there.

On the 350 for trans you pump the fluid into transmission through the drain plug in bottom of pan, there is a tube that goes about 1.5" above bottom of pan, you fill it up cold then start car, fluid begins to drip out. Once trans reaches approx 39*c you plug the drain plug back in and thats that