Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BReal Problem w/ W123 Diesel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 SL320
BReal Problem w/ W123 Diesel

My Diesel Engine will not start, I've replaced the Battery, replaced the Starter, replaced the Glow plugs..did a Valve Adjustment: and Compression Check:

Cyl: 1 220 psi

Cyl:2 20 PSI

Cyl: 3 cannot check with this gauge.

Cyl: 4 230 PSI

CYL: 5 cannot check with this gauge.

Seems like it isn't getting any fuel up to the Injectors or very little. I've loosened the hard lines at the injectors to see if any fuel come out when I crank it.

I have a hand pump on the side of the engine and when I pump it nothing comes out at the injectors or very little.

The last time I ran it was just a couple of mos ago, brought it home parked it.
Then went out the next day to start it, discovered a bad battery.then replaced it, thought I found the problem, however the starter when turned over, turned over very slowlythen replaced the Starter, still to no avail then thought maybe it might be the Glow Plugs, replaced them to no avail.

Then I found out that you have to do a valve adjustment and a compression check, which the results are posted earlier in this conversation.

Looking for any input, thanks for your help..desperate in Missouri. Happy Motoring.