Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP P202b-002 trouble code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 2004
HELP P202b-002 trouble code

Hi
First of all im new in this forum, im glad i could be a member.

My english is not so good, but i will try to explain best posible.

I have had this problem long time now, buyed this car in summer time and problem came after a while. Drived to Mercedes because i only wanted Them to check that what is the problem.
They didnt find some fail/problem with the car since the problem came one second and was gone next no cel. After some more time the problem Get worse. Car startet to rip moore and some times could turn on and off and Then was good.
I drive again to Mercedes and they tell me that throttle body was damaged, some idle sensor inside was probally broken and they suggested to change it.
I tell Them ok because i was tired of this problem and they changed it for 2000€
I pick up the car when they was finish. Drive 2-3 km and the car was perfekt after this same problem started. I drive back and delivered the car again and they startet another round. Then tell the Mercedes dealer that they are not sure what is the problem but wanted to change the gear oil because the converter could some times make the motor stall up and down If its dirty, this sound crazy for me.

I have now payed Them a lot and Dont know what to Do. Searched Google and have seen that some other people have also had same problem. My car is stock. Only Dont have limit on km.

NEED HELP

Live in Norway and its not somebody spesialist here only Mercedes dealer and i fill that amg is not they spesialised on.

Car is 2004 e55 amg.

Some Sign:
Is normal If i put the pedal a lot down.
Is worst in idle
Can sometimes be normal if I turn on and off.
Looked after vacuum leak
Checed
Y pipe etc

Also maybe I should change idle sensor under gas pedal?
Old 02-21-2016, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 2004
Originally Posted by Milo86
Hi
First of all im new in this forum, im glad i could be a member.

My english is not so good, but i will try to explain best posible.

I have had this problem long time now, buyed this car in summer time and problem came after a while. Drived to Mercedes because i only wanted Them to check that what is the problem.
They didnt find some fail/problem with the car since the problem came one second and was gone next no cel. After some more time the problem Get worse. Car startet to rip moore and some times could turn on and off and Then was good.
I drive again to Mercedes and they tell me that throttle body was damaged, some idle sensor inside was probally broken and they suggested to change it.
I tell Them ok because i was tired of this problem and they changed it for 2000€
I pick up the car when they was finish. Drive 2-3 km and the car was perfekt after this same problem started. I drive back and delivered the car again and they startet another round. Then tell the Mercedes dealer that they are not sure what is the problem but wanted to change the gear oil because the converter could some times make the motor stall up and down If its dirty, this sound crazy for me.

I have now payed Them a lot and Dont know what to Do. Searched Google and have seen that some other people have also had same problem. My car is stock. Only Dont have limit on km.

NEED HELP

Live in Norway and its not somebody spesialist here only Mercedes dealer and i fill that amg is not they spesialised on.

Car is 2004 e55 amg.

Some Sign:
Is normal If i put the pedal a lot down.
Is worst in idle
Can sometimes be normal if I turn on and off.
Looked after vacuum leak
Checed
Y pipe etc

Also maybe I should change idle sensor under gas pedal?
I have now Get the dealer too change tb and pressure sensor. Still the same.

Somebody that have had same problems? Can this problem be related with gearbox?