Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leak Oil Line - Connection at Injectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 E350 Blutec | '01 F-250 SDCrew 7.3L |
Question Leak Oil Line - Connection at Injectors

Working on my MY11 E350BT engine, progressing well on getting to the oil cooler to replace those leaking seals, but I'm not sure how to remove the gizmo connection on the leak oil lines. I need to loosen the injector line connections on the left head, but the leak oil lines are interfering with the special tool used on the injector connection. Here is a close up of the injector leak oil line. The leak oil line tee's to the other injectors so all three need to come loose ....somehow. Do they just snap on/off? I can't tell is there is a special tool needed so I was hoping to get some advice here... Thanks Carl
Old 02-25-2016, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 E350 Blutec | '01 F-250 SDCrew 7.3L |
Well, having no response to my question on removal, I just went ahead and tried more brute force. I just hate these plastic parts because they are usually expensive to replace (I figure they are cheap to manufacture and drive high revenue for the parts seller - your MB Dealer!).

Yes, pulling really strong on the back side of the round black ring (keeper, I call it), directly away cause the keeper to slip out of the locking groove on the plastic tee. The front and the middle ones were easy to grasp, but the rear one was harder to get a grip on it; not much room. The keeper slips up the connector body to release the locking feature connector. There are three "ears" on the keeper ring, 120 degrees apart that spread as you pull the keeper. To install, the connector and the mating spigot or pipe snap together and the keeper slips down into the locking groove to secure the connection, liquid tight.

I just figured I would pass this little detail on to others who venture this deep into the inner works of the 642.850 engine. Here are more pictures that help clarify what I tried to describe above.

Back leak-oil connector (90 degree) with keeper ring in the open or unlocked position MY11 E-350 BT 642.850 diesel engine

Last edited by lASTWAGEN11; 02-25-2016 at 09:38 AM.