Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 c230 Kompressor coupe. Busted Intercooler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c230 Kompressor coupe
2002 c230 Kompressor coupe. Busted Intercooler

2002 C230 Coupe busted intercooler
Hi, I am a first time poster, hoping to get a bit of advice.

I have a 2002 C230 Kompressor coupe. The other night i ran over a piece of debris on the freeway. Needless to say, the underneath of my car suffered some damage.
I drove a good 50 miles prior to being able to inspect the damage, and from what I can see, my intercooler is busted (caused oil to leak where puncture is).

I have had a "powersteering like" whine since I purchased this vehicle, and I have always associated that with the supercharger. This whine was much louder and horrid after the impact....

I figured that my supercharger was probably shot since I drove so far with my intercooler busted and leaking oil, so I began to remove it.

Here is where any advice would be much appreciated...

In the process of removing the sc, I discovered quite of oil on the air filter, and in the air intake box.... Can this be related to the busted intercooler??
Also, I now have the top of the sc pulled off and i am able to look down into the inside of the sc... it is full of oil (where the "corkscrew" is). Is this normal? should oil be visible when looking down into the supercharger?? i will try attaching a photo in the morning.

Taking an educated guess... will it be necessary to replace sc in addition to the intercooler? And what other parts will need replacing?

Thank You!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
your insurance should cover this as it was caused by a road hazard.