Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about V60 phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG, 2001 Acura 3.2 CL
Questions about V60 phone

I heard from somewhere that the V60 phones used by Mercedes are different from the one's that are being sold by other cellular retailors. I was wondering what the differences were, and if it would be possible to modify them so they would be compatible. Also, how differnt is it from the Timport phones? I know the two phones are totally different, but since they are both from Motorola, do they have any kind of similarities or compatibility?
Old 03-30-2002, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Re: Questions about V60 phone

Originally posted by jinmin803
I heard from somewhere that the V60 phones used by Mercedes are different from the one's that are being sold by other cellular retailors. I was wondering what the differences were, and if it would be possible to modify them so they would be compatible. Also, how differnt is it from the Timport phones? I know the two phones are totally different, but since they are both from Motorola, do they have any kind of similarities or compatibility?
Yes, the Mercedes branded Motorola's have different firmware in order to facilitate the necessary integration. Normal (non Mercedes branded) phones, will not integrate into the vehicle.

The v60 is a whole different animal than the Timeport. The v60 supports 2 way SMS messaging, is smaller than the Timeport, has voice control built into the phone, expanded address book, datebook, more options , etc. etc... Numerous differences.

If you are interested in all the differences, the Motorola webpage gives you the ability to compare different models side by side.