Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know . . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 MB S550 Coupe, 2018 Carrera T, Ford F150
Does anyone know . . . .

I have asked this question of 3 different techs at 2 different Mercedes Service departments and none knew the answer. I have been trying to come up with an explanation for more than 3 months and am out of ideas.

Upon entering the workshop menu on my 2015 w217 S550 coupe and selecting the "vehicle data" sub-menu the first screen to come up contains the following battery parameters: UB-battery voltage in volts, IB-battery current in amps, TB-battery temperature in degrees F, and BN which for the life of me I cannot figure out. There are no units associated with the numbers that alternately flash between the high 60's and 110. These numbers increase in value the longer the car is running and as the battery charges. The first number changes sequentially and has never gotten higher than 83, even when the battery is fully charged, and displays for about 3 seconds. It then toggles to the second number which displays for about a second and a half and always begins as 100 when the car is first started, and then jumps to 110 when the battery is fully charged. Anybody out there that can shed some light will earn my eternal gratitude.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 MB S550 Coupe, 2018 Carrera T, Ford F150
So far, 102 views and nobody seems to know. Out of curiosity, and since this is the tech forum, isn't it strange that even the tuners are in the dark? Assuming that they do monitor this forum, that is.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TwinTop
Not sure where to post this but if anyone can help - hoping I can ask some advice from you fine gentlemen...

In Cyprus I cant get white primer let alone a spray gun and psi compressor etc. Cypriots here have hit off both wing mirrors for parking in their (public parking) space. Scratched side of car for parking in their (public parking) preferred space, and the sun damage to bonnet and roof was terrible. The guy I bought the car from used a cheap scratch hider so about a month later all these scratches came up...

Anyway car doesn't feel great and none of this was any fault of my own so took matters into own hands. Wanted to know if a normal non-professional could pick up spray cans and revitalize his car. Here's how I got on:

Today went to check on car and some Cypriot guys shouting at me to move the car. Then noticed the same guy had stolen my new polishing cloths and scrapers etc... I just smiled.

So far: Tape car -> prime car -> paint white on primer -> sandpaper drips -> paint white until drips gone.

No clear coat, no buffing, no rubbing compound, no wet sanding... just primer and 27 cans of white gloss and lots of care and attention.

My problem is I have shadows of white despite having a thick base coat. Probably just because its an outside job and spray paint in wind etc isn't great.

Should I use a thick foam block by hand lightly skim the top surface with rubbing compound, then buff and clear coat? Or wet sand, then buff and clear coat? I've never wet sanded before and doesn't feel right on a thick base coat...