Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change questions: 2013 C300 Sport 4Matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2016 | 10:45 AM

2013 MB C300 Sport 4Matic
Oil change questions: 2013 C300 Sport 4Matic

Everyone,

Wonderful forum, and great people!

My wife and I recently purchased a used 2013 MB C300 Sport 4Matic, and immensely enjoy the car.

It is time for changing the oil and oil filter.

I've always done this myself on all the cars I have owned, and from looking at a couple YouTube videos it appears I will have no difficulty changing the oil/filter myself.

Some questions:

1) Should I replace (or need to replace) the oil pan gasket/ring? If so, where do I get the gasket/rings other than at a MB dealer? (Part number, both MB and from alternate places would be appreciated.)

2) What is the oil filter wrench size? Do I really need a special wrench?

3) What oil weight should I use? It seems like MB has a wider range of oil weight recommendations than all the other cars I've owned. I live in the Atlanta, Georgia, area, and the temperature variation from winter to summer is essentially 5 F to 95+ F.

4) Engine type and oil capacity: Surprisingly my purchase paperwork said nothing about engine size, but using an online VIN lookup, it looks like my engine is a 3.5L V6 (I knew it was a good size engine!) The manual says likewise, with an engine model 272. According to the manual, the oil capacity is 7.4 U.S. quarts. Does this all sound correct?

5) What oil brands do you use or would you use in my car, out of curiosity?

6) What oil filter brands do you use, out of the same curiosity?

Your feedback on any of these items, or anything else you care to share, will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Jon Noring
Old 08-04-2016 | 12:33 AM

2013 Mercedes Benz c300 4matic (3.5 v6- M276), 1991 Nissan 300zx TT, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE
Hi jon,

I'm new to this forum too. This is my first time owning a Benz. I too have a 2013 C 300 4 matic and i love it. Also, I prefer to work on my cars.

First off, Chances are you have a 3.5 v6. The US model for 2013 came only in the 4cyl or the 3.5 v6

The engine code for our engines are M276 i believe. this is after my research. you can identify the difference by comparing the oil filters. plus the M276 engine came with Start/stop (eco) and the engine blocks are 60 degree VEE angles compared to the 90 degree v angle in the (M272)

I am attempting my first oil change tomorrow, hopefully. ill post some pics