Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have details of what the 100,000 maintenace service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have details of what the 100,000 maintenace service?

I would like to take my car to a non-dealer that is much much less expensive for this service.

But, I do not know what the details are for the scheduled for 100K maintenace..

If anyone knows, or has had it done, please list items or point me to a website that might have a listing.

My car is a 96, C220, 4cyl.

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
100k service...pretty much they check over everything, makes sure nothing is broken, about to brake, etc. Your basic oil change, filters, treatment additive, make sure sparks are in good order, check brakes, check hoses, clean antenna mast, check tires, rotate and balance if necessary, serpentine belt, check and replace if necessary. You get the idea.

I don't remember if I got the 100k service done, but I did the 120k at 118k miles and that was a major one. Seems like when I ask dealers, they say 120k is the MAJOR of them all. After that, it's pretty much check everything and oil changes. Tune up when needed. At the 120k, spent about $1000 total. On top of that, I needed to do front end suspension work ($1000) and the headgasket ($1200)...so u can imagine what that bill was like.

Expect a few hundred for the 100k, depending on what and how much they do.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Old 03-05-2004, 04:24 AM

2014 E350S4
Re: Anyone have details of what the 100,000 maintenace service?

Originally posted by tuesdayBenz
I would like to take my car to a non-dealer that is much much less expensive for this service.

But, I do not know what the details are for the scheduled for 100K maintenace..

If anyone knows, or has had it done, please list items or point me to a website that might have a listing.

My car is a 96, C220, 4cyl.

Thanks.
Shouldn't it be in your service manual? I would imagine they'd have a list of everything that needs to be done.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
yes, the manual also does have a list of things to do as well. Mainly the "to do's" are oil change, filter(s) change(s), top off fluids and everything else is mainly "check" or "inspect".

the main parts are just fluid change and filters. then if the inspection turns up parts need to be replaced, thats where the high bill comes in. you prolly gonna pay around $60 for the oil change and labor for checking, around $100 (which was what my SA quoted me for the 135k service).