Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfire on all odd cylenders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 e63 amg
misfire on all odd cylenders

208 e63 amg 6.3 My check engine lite came on and car started missing. I scanned it and found cyl. 1-3-5-7 are not firing. Anyone have any ideas on where to start?? I installed euro tune 2 weeks ago
Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
cl600
probably ignition transformer, or maybe you blew your coil packs.
The following users liked this post:
mudhog (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 10:11 AM

2008 e63 amg
after getting nothing but mis fire codes pre safe mode appeared in the cluster. when this started i was taking off from a stop lite in the rain and the esp kicked in then check engine lite came on. Strange that limp mode would kill the odd cylinders. so now i guess i have to figure out what sensor is causing the problem. thank you biker349 for the info, i havent been able to find out much on this.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:54 PM

2008 e63 amg
Well it took 6 months to get everything figured out working on the car a little every weekend. I took the valve cover off and it ended up being a soft intake cam. It had wore a hole thru the cam follower and the lifter fell out and released the valve. It hit the piston on the up stroke and was bent so it stayed in place and didn't fall into the cylinder. I want to thank parts.com for have the great prices for all the parts too! I ordered a new cam, 32 re-designed cam followers, new cam cap bolts and new re designed head bolts for both sides. Also installed 4 diamond washers and weistec phaser bolts. I only pulled one head though. I did all the work myself and the job went real smooth. I had more study time than wrench time. The engine is running quiet and better that ever. Its been about a month now and no codes have come up and no leaks or loss of antifreeze. I found most of the special tools on ebay for less than 100.00. The puller needed to pull the pins out of the front of the head I made myself. I have a couple pics and will try to post later. Thanks to the 1 person who commented on my post too.