Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace Passenger Side Mirror - E Class (w210)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Replace Passenger Side Mirror - E Class (w210)

This is my first post, but I'm pretty familiar with car forums and how they work, so I hope I can get some help on the matter at hand. Hopefully I'll have my new C Class within the next week and a half.

Anyways, my parents have a 2002 E Class. My mom made the mistake of misjudging the distance between the mirror and the wall and broke the right side mirror assembly. I bought a used mirror assembly, but unlike the old model benzos, I can't seem to figure out where to start in replacing the mirror. For those of you who have done this or might be able to the help, could you let me know whatever info you could give me?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Drex
Old 03-03-2004, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 ML350
Just push the miror back and you'll see two screw, remove them.
Then push the mirror assembely forward and there will be one more screw.
Then it should(should is the majic word here) come right off.

Putting it back on is going to be a little harder if the used mirror assmebely is already together.

Brian
Old 03-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Brian,

I appreciate the help. I actually pushed the mirror back thinking that was the only way to do it (because taking off the inside door panel was NOT an option I wanted to take), but I wasn't sure. You've just enlightened me on that, so I really appreciate that.

Hahaha...I can just imagine myself unsrewing the inner door panel for nothing...

Thanks again.

drex