Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C220 Sport Coupé shutting off problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI 2003
C220 Sport Coupé shutting off problem

Hi!I will explain the actual situation whith some points:

1 - I did a visit to my mechanic to maintenance,change oil and filters,when he said the car have a leak in the high pressure fuel pump and i have to come two weeks later to replace it.

2 - After 1 week (no pump replace yet) the car shut down while driving at slow speed,no warning lights,nothing...it was like i have removed the key.I park it,then turn it on again and left like nothing was hapenned.

3 - Two weeks later,i go to the mechanic and he replaced the pump by anhoter one,but an used pump,same reference,Bosch.When i started the car,it start to make a strange high noise from the rear side...the mechanic promptly said that was the fuel tank pump that is wearing off and i must change the two fuel tank pumps.

4 - After one week,the car shut down again at slow speed...same thing,turn it on and go.

So,i ask:

Did the high pressure pump replacement make the fuel tank pump start to making that noise and broke...?Or the pump was already wearing off,but no making such noise yet...?

The car shutting off problem can be due to this bad fuel thank pump?

Thanks in advance