Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 E-55 transmission transmission hard shift and code P0730

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
03 E-55 transmission transmission hard shift and code P0730

My car is a 2003 E-55 with 115K miles. About 6 months ago I was pulling out of my subdivision and my transmission slipped out of gear. I had the car towed to a local Mercedes shop. They flushed my transmission and replaced my filter. The car started shifting again but sometimes when I floor it and let go right away it still slipped out of gear. I would then coast to a stop, shut the car off and turned it back on and it would be fine again. It also would shift kinda hard when i hit the accelerator and it downshifts, but it shifts fine when I take it easy. So last weekend I checked the transmission plug and it was soaked with oil. I got a new plug and replaced it, and also checked TCM and found the oil wicked up to it so I cleaned it up. Today I went driving around and everytime i would hit the accelerator and it downshifted it would chirp my tires. And then on a downshift, the wheels chirped and slipped out of gear again. And for the first time the check engine light came on and code P0730 came up. My transmission dipstick finally came in and I checked the fluid and it looks like its over full, not sure if that could be causing any of my problems. My next thing I was gonna try is replacing the conductor plate but I figured I'd check if anyone else had a similar problem.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
bump. is this in the wrong section?