Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust M113 CLS 500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500
Exhaust M113 CLS 500

Hello, i have CLS 500 with the M113 Engine.
I have a muffler of the CLS 63/55, and a resonator Delete.

It sounds really good but not that loud, maybe like a Stock CLS 63.
I want it loud, so how would it sound when i remove the secondary cats?
Or should i delete the primary cats ? Wich would be louder?
And will the car get much louder just by deleting the cats? Because i already deleted the resonator, and i dont want another exhaust.
Ive heard some cls55/sl55 on YouTube without secondary cats & resonator and they Sound really good, i trink my cls500 should Sound similar because its basicly the same engine just whitout kompressor.

I Know that CEL will show up if i remove the primary ones, is that the only reason why people always delete the secondarys?
Im a bit scared that it wont be that much of a difference when i Delete the secondary ones :S

Here is a Video of my car, sounds perfect IMO but only loud at WOT, i want it louder on WOT and a bit deeper while cruising...

Thanks
Old 06-02-2016, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500
Nobody ??? Just want to Know what will be louder , primary cat delete or secondary cat delete 😄
Old 08-06-2016, 02:01 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
I have deleted the resonator and the secondary cats with Stainless 2.25" (stock) piping to the stock rear mufflers.
It sounds nice and growly on start up. Driving around normally, it's only very slightly louder. But really MUCH louder when you put your foot down!
I am going to be removing my primary cats soon as I already have the CEL delete tune ready. I believe the primaries are the real sound hogs.