Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car died while idling and now won't crank. Please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Clk 43k Kleemann
Car died while idling and now won't crank. Please help!

My 2000 CLK430 was driving fine until I pulled into a parking spot and left it idling for about 30 seconds while I looked at my phone. The car suddenly died and will not even crank over. All electrical seems to work such as lights and windows. I made sure the car was in park and even jiggled the shifter to make sure. What would make it shut off like that? Any help is certainly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.
Boomhauer in Texas.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
Fuel pressure and or fuel supply,however you really need to take to an indy that has excellent diagnostic equipment!!
Old 06-12-2016, 04:46 AM

C270 Cdi Auto avant-garde 2002
Same problen c270

Same problem on my car turned out to be fuel pump relay was only using top half of the tank so when it got to 1/2 it ran out

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
My 2000 CLK430 was driving fine until I pulled into a parking spot and left it idling for about 30 seconds while I looked at my phone. The car suddenly died and will not even crank over. All electrical seems to work such as lights and windows. I made sure the car was in park and even jiggled the shifter to make sure. What would make it shut off like that? Any help is certainly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.
Boomhauer in Texas.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:45 PM

2000 Clk 43k Kleemann
I did some testing today. The car will start if I bypass the starter relay with a piece of wire. It runs, but runs really rough. It let me start it with the key once and now the key turns with doing nothing but energizing all the accessories. I can still bypass the relay and it spins the starter and starts. Why wont the key start it? I need to check the fuel pump and fuel pressure but that doesn't have anything to do with the key not spinning the starter does it?
Thanks,