Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99' C230K Acceleration Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C230 Kompressor
99' C230K Acceleration Problem

Hi! Im new to the forum and assume this is a good place to post! I have a 1999 C230 Kompressor with 130,000m and is well maintained. A little after a month or two of owning it, after it started getting colder outside, i noticed that the car would "whine" louder than normal, and shift rather abruptly. Following this, after i accelerate to 40-50 it will shift, and then theres an immediate loss of power. It feels as if it is struggling for fuel or air? I'm not sure if it is in "Limp Home" mode, since i am able to get over highway speeds after a while. It normally accelerates very smooth and powerfully, but for some reason, when I'm first driving it in the morning, it will do this? It happens more frequently under hard acceleration and first thing in the morning. There are a few codes, but they have been on over the summer, and the problem never happenedP0130-o2 sensor, P1580-"No DTC definition found. See service manual", P0105-Manifold Absolute pressure or barometric pressure circuit and P0410 Secondary Air Injection System). If anyone has any similar experiences or input, it would be greatly appreciated! -Austin