Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

300se (w126) Engine dies intermittently

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300se (w126) Engine dies intermittently

300SE Engine Intermittently Dies???
Hello folks, i am stumped. I have a 1990 300SE which intermittently dies when i am going on a full stop after being driven on the freeway. It does not happen all the time hence i can not predict or replicate the problem. When the engine dies, it does NOT sputter or it doesnt do anything wierd, in fact it dies so quietly that i dont feel that it does. It restarts fine and usually does not happen too often.

On another note, my speedometer also intermittently dies while being driven. It does not seem to affect engine performance, but i do not know if it has anything to do with my engine dying once in a while. When my speedo dies, it comes back to life intermittently as well.

I need your advice on what to look at so when i have it serviced i could direct the mechanic to look for specific areas.

I am in the Bay Area, any MB Service Garages that are good and reasonable in their rates? If in the dealership (please recommend), who is a really good service advisor i should look for?

Thanks and i hope to solve this mystery soon.