Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High mileage W211

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
searching for a wagon w210 or w211
High mileage W211

Sorry for the question but the forum is so big and i'm not really frendly user with such informations.

I'm looking to buy a 2005 E500 Wagon with 225000 kilometers. The car look good and drive fine. Interior is well preserved and most suspensions parts have been serviced.

My biggest concern is about the tranny life ? How many kilometers are those tranny good for ? I heard good things about the 5.0l engine and i DIY all my mecanic but with normal maintenance should i go with it or best to stay away with all that mileage ?

I will go thru the W210 and W211 sections but i can have a good deal but don't want to empty my wallet with expensives repairs.

Thx for your advices
Old 12-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,044 Likes on 967 Posts
1999 E300TD
If the mileage is all city, that's a big difference if majority is highway---plus was the transmission ever serviced and when driven from a cold start does the transmission shift smoothly---what was the car used for, a delivery van or what ever, bla bla

Your question has not correct answer---if you like the car you buy the twelve year old crapper!!
The following users liked this post:
kamikaze12volts (12-24-2016)