Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Star Das Xentry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S600
Star Das Xentry

I'd like to update the software in my driver door module for an inoperative window. From my research, it seems to be a common problem. 2007 W221 S600. My closest dealer is pretty sure he wants to put a new module in and completely ignore my request for trying a software update. I have Star and would do it myself, however I do not have a Daimler username and password. If anyone could help that would be fantastic.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Biff,seconds before(depending on version) the quick test starts DAS Xentry will alert you to the fact that there is an up date available for any installed module. Failing that there is usually a TSB on the subject-----What was the results of your quick test.

PS: without the username and password you are foooooooooked---call the owner!!
The following users liked this post:
DJSteve (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 03:07 PM
bha

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
13 GL350, 14 SL550
Tell the dealer you insist on the software update, or you will go elsewhere.

There is a clear bulletin out that says the first thing to try is the software update.

Of course the new module will fix it. It comes with the newer software. But more expensive!

Their logic is probably that 80% of the cars get fixed by software, but 100% get fixed with new module, therefore it's best to replace the module.

But many times the software fixes it just fine. And that's what MB says to try first. So stop letting them steal from your wallet, and insist they do it the right way. If not, ask why they insist on replacing parts when MB specifically says to try the software first?

Look around for a PDF of the bulletin and take it to them. See what they say.

Mine was fixed in 2 mins.. applied the software update and it has worked ever since.

The wierd things is they ONLY want you to do the broken window, not all 4. I think I updated the other front window at the same time (driver + passenger) but at some point I'll go back and update the rear ones too. I don't want them to fail when I'm out of town and/or when it is raining.. can't see why the software update would be a bad thing. Maybe they just fix the broken ones because it is additional labour (not much though!) to do the other 3 windows?
DJSteve (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by DJSteve
I'd like to update the software in my driver door module for an inoperative window. My closest dealer is pretty sure he wants to put a new module in and completely ignore my request for trying a software update.
If within VIN range reference attached bulletin.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
67.39_22b.pdf (71.4 KB, 144 views)
DJSteve (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:27 PM

2007 S600
Finding someone with a valid username and password I could rent would save a lot of back and forth, lol...I appreciate everyone taking their time to help a noob out! Thanks so much!
Old 06-15-2018, 09:36 PM

S550
Hey, did you ever solve this? I have the same issue and hoping its the control module software. I also have a C3 multiplexer with STAR. I can get to the point where its supposed to check for new software but either xentry craps out or it tells me it doesnt have a connection to internet. I would greatly appreciate any help out there.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:27 AM

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
Originally Posted by channelzer0
Hey, did you ever solve this? I have the same issue and hoping its the control module software. I also have a C3 multiplexer with STAR. I can get to the point where its supposed to check for new software but either xentry craps out or it tells me it doesnt have a connection to internet. I would greatly appreciate any help out there.
If your Xentry update is old..... It will not connect to the server. You will need something newer. What update do you have?