Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! P2540 Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C63 AMG
Exclamation HELP!!! P2540 Code

I am needing help... i had a CEL that came on the other day, I scanned the car and found that it had a P2540 code I then cleared the code drove approx. 5 miles and the light came on. I was watching the fuel pressure on the scanner and it was running around 52-54psi. while driving at 70MPG.

I replaced the main fuel pump on the car (Driver Side) then drove it approx. 10 miles and the light came back on. Came up the same P2540 code. I then started watching the fuel pressure with the scanner and found that the fuel pressure was not dropping off when it shifted as it did before.

I am leaving to go to Myrtle Beach on Monday.

Can anyone help me with figuring this out???

I have attached pictures of the fuel pressure before and after replacing the fuel pump, this is from 0-90 MPH on both graphs as you can see one is choppy and the other is smoother until I let out of the throttle.

Thanks,
Matt
Attached Thumbnails HELP!!! P2540 Code-img_5176.jpg   HELP!!! P2540 Code-img_5177.jpg   HELP!!! P2540 Code-img_5184.jpg