Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WIS and Alldatadiy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 AMG
WIS and Alldatadiy

I have access to both WIS and Alldatadiy. I started out with Alldatadiy but found that a lot of the procedures were not specific to my vehicle. In some cases what was shown in Alldatadiy just did not make sense form my vehicle. WIS is very specific to my vehicle. It is actually pretty cool.

But there is some information that is available in Alldatadiy that I cannot find in WIS. For example, in the case of troubleshooting and replacing the EGR valve in my 2001 CLK55 AMG Alldatadiy has a very helpful writeup that describes how the EGR valve works and how it interacts with other components in the auto. I cannot find any equivalent information in WIS. Please see the attachment for what is available on Alldatadiy.

Is this type of information available in WIS and I just can't find it or does Alldatadiy include information beyond what is found in the WIS?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EGR description.pdf (141.2 KB, 96 views)
Old 07-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
What HS, that's just a function picture with some descriptions----all that basic info and much more is in WIS basics. You just have to study and learn how WIS is organized bla bla.