Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nonsense service answers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 GLE400 4MATIC
Nonsense service answers...

Let's have a post of all the nonsense answers you've received from your MB dealer service rep when trying to get a repair... Obviously, the trusty old "we can't duplicate the sound" (especially for panoramic sunroof owners!!) is going to be common. Any other bull**** answers (in lieu of actual service/help) that you've had to grin and listen to? Hoping this post will be fun (let you blow off steam) and a good tool for owners who find the same problems and unhelpful responses in the future.

For example, my wife took her ML in for an obviously bad front shock, they said it was the a diesel and she was hearing common engine sounds... I had to go back in, drive the car with a service lead, and shove their nose in it before they would replace the shock. What a waste of our time..."the diesel engine", guys come on are you serious?

How about you?
Old 07-29-2017, 07:01 AM

Received 93 Likes on 85 Posts
2009 MB C300 Sport 4matic
I'm completely off subject as far as MB is concerned but thought some of you might appreciate this one.

At end of Sirius reup date, got call from Rep to get me to sign for another year. I always give excuses as to why Sirius isn't worth it...can get Pandora free, only listen to a very few stations, not commercial free anymore. Last time I said that my reception kept dropping out because of tree covered roads, hillsides at which point the Sirius chap told me he could "send my radio a stronger signal" to fix that !