Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent help needed : need to get out of this horrible lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 08:40 AM
SV-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything SV
Urgent help needed : need to get out of this horrible lease

Hi all,

Car is 2016 C450. Long story short, car went to 2 different dealerships 3 different times for a (yellow) check-engine light that kept coming back. All kinds of sensors and pins were changed.

Now the car has been sitting in the dealership for 2 weeks and after multiple parts changes, they say it's a wire harness (next to the air intake, couldn't give a specific name) that's been eaten into by some kind of rodent and they doubt MB will cover under warranty, though they will try to accommodate me (I'll get an answer next week, harness costs 1200CAD and takes a couple of weeks to get/change). I don't live in a rural area and I never had this problem with any previous or present car. My frustration comes from the fact that I'm paying for a C450 and driving a courtesy C300, which I don't hate, but it's unfair and feel like I'm getting robbed because I can't enjoy the car I'm paying for.

Add that to the fact that we had to replace 6 tires due to bubbles (no, not due to potholes, commute is 90% highway). Never had that problem with 19in RF P zeros on the previous BMW F30 with the same commute.

All in all, I want to get out of this lease, which ends in May 2018. Might consider another MB car if I get a good deal.

Question is : should I contact corporate?

Btw I'm in Canada.

Last edited by SV-; 08-09-2017 at 08:42 AM.