Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 E320 Visit Workshop warning after jump-start and battery draw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Exclamation 2003 E320 Visit Workshop warning after jump-start and battery draw

I have a 2003 E320 sedan and It started off with my car dying constantly out of nowhere. My alternator checked out to be fine, and so did my battery (but I got it replaced just in-case). My car died again the next day. I remembered that my sub-woofer in the back was sizzling and stopped working, so I thought to myself, maybe that's what is drawing the electricity? I disconnected that sub woofer and my car stopped dying over night! Then a few weeks later I didn't drive my car for 2 days and it was completely dead when I came back to it. I had to jump start it to get it going, and now ever since the jump-start it shows the "Visit Workshop!" warning in red.

I visited a Mercedes mechanic today and he told me it would be a few hundred minimum to scan it and could be up to 1500$. The car is again no longer dying overnight, but I want this message out of the way.

There are so many videos on YouTube on "How to find a parasitic draw on your car" or such, can I just use these to help me locate what's still drawing energy from my battery when off?

As for the "Visit workshop", I don't know why that is still occurring. I'd appreciate any help whatsoever, and thank you in advance .
Old 10-29-2017, 08:09 AM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
Did you check both the batteries?
I guess this is a W211, pre facelift 211 has a big battery in the rear and a small one mounted in the front (right hand side i believe to remember)
Old 10-30-2017, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 722 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
You need to scan the car with a proper diagnostic system. The DAS/STAR or equivalent would most likely identify the problem in five minutes or so. Alternatively, you can buy an iCarSoft scanner that reads Mercedes codes and it will point you in the right direction. You can also post on the forum to see if there is a forum member in your area with a diagnostic system who would be willing to scan your car for you.

Also, just in case you have to jump start it again, never, never have the key fob in the ignition while connecting or disconnecting batteries or connecting jumper cables.