Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a good MB repair shop in LA/OC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 01:00 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 C280
Need a good MB repair shop in LA/OC

I need to have my A/C checked (no cold air), have my brakes done and maybe a major service. I want to take it to an independent repair shop. I work at a dealer and I know that sometimes it isn't always the best place to get a car fixed sometimes. I'm affraid of getting gouged by the dealer

Anyone know of a good place near Cerritos and or Fullerton area?
Old 05-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Almost a Member!

'99 C280
Someone here from LA/OC must have taken their car to a independant shop. Find it hard to belive that everyone only goes to the dealer.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
I go to an indy in the valley called Independent Motors. It's pretty far away for you though.

Might I suggest that you see an A/C specific shop for your A/C work. I know from personal experience that going to a shop that does A/C only is best as they know what they are doing. i.e. checking for leaks, etc. no MB stealership BS. "Oh well, we put 2lbs of R12 freon in your car and well it all leaked out, that will be $250 please, thanks!" "didn't you check for leaks first?" "no, you didn't tell me to do that." "WTF!" That was it for me.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best in OC

Go to Costa Mesa, to Bruce Strauss Autocare. I have taken all my Benzes there for the past 20 years and they have always fioxed them well and economically. They are MB certified and take care of all kinds of work including warranty and body, plus special parts installation, upholstery and restoration. Very knowledgeable and kind people.
Compared to them, the local dealers (the "Temple of Fletcher-Jones" and the other clown in Buena Park) treat you like s**t while emptuing your pockets for mediocre results.

Regards,
Benzini
Old 05-21-2004, 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

'99 C280
Thanks Benzini that's what I wanted to hear. Costa Mesa is a little too south of me but doable.

I went ahead and purchased the parts I needed and I'm gonna have one of my mechanics from work do it for now. After speaking to him I find out he has some MBZ experience. Well shall see.
I got the parts pretty checp. Pads, sensors, pair of rotors, air temp sensor for A/C and a chrome deck lid handle for $169 !! It's nice when you got a parts hook up for MBZ. Too bad it's too far for service work.